Saturday, February 16, 2013

You Win Some, You Lose Some...


VALENTINES DAY DINNER!



This years Valentines Day dinner 
was created by yours truely :)

Mom handed it over to me
It all went pretty well
other than......

The cake.

I made an angel food cake 
that came out of the pan PERFECTLY...
then it was smothered in whipped cream.
But halfway through the cake, 

I ran out of whipped cream.

Being a blonde, 
and obviously not thinking clearly,
I grabbed the bottle of Redi-whip from the fridge 
and went crazy finishing the cake.
Added some sprinkles,
and set it on our indoor porch
(it is really cold in there, so we tend to keep things "refrigerated" out there...)

Then, I went on to other parts of my day.
A few minutes had passed, 
and I looked out to the porch again.....

THE REDI-WHIP WAS 
FALLING OFF THE CAKE!

A big blob was laying on the floor.
The cream was making the cake soggy.

And because the cake was soggy,
it started to cave in...
What to do?

MAKE A TRIFLE!

sure... 
It didn't look as pretty.
And I love pretty looking things.
But all worked out.
Just a bit differently than planned...

Our dinner was a success. 


Yesterday, It went up to almost 50 degrees.
Our dog, Belle, wanted outside.
When I went to check on her,
This is how I found her.
Lounging in the sun :)


Made some DELICIOUS oatmeal.
Craisins and apples with cinnamon and brown sugar <3 
YUM!


Enjoy the weekend. 
We are going to DC. 
Defiantly be posting pics on here :) :) 
See ya later.

<3 KylieGrace



No comments:

Post a Comment